- Fast paced online startups is changing all businesses as well as garment industry.
- Shift to bottom-up trend setting. Influencers and social platforms like Instagram are the new trendsetters. Trends are more likely to pop up from the Street.
- The ‘PULL’ model replaced the old ‘PUSH’ model, in which products are developed, tested and produced on demand.
- Industry is changing from the old preorder model to: (The Future Outlook)
- In-season reactivity, open-to-buy approaches to be more responsive.
- Demand focused model,
- Speed to market within weeks
- Smaller batches, less stock, less waste
- Reduced Lead time
- Automation supported with AI and Deep Learning is going to zero the gap between labor costs, productivity and sustainability.
Industry shift in 2020
15 Mar 2021 • 2 min read